(1) Applicants should have a doctoral degree in one of the following related fields: biological, ecological, and/or environmental studies, environmental economics, civil or mechanical engineering, and other closely related fields.
(2) Applicants should possess at least one of the following backgrounds: forestry, environmental-biological interactions, population dynamics, climate change, ecosystem services evaluation, water resource management, or ecosystem management.
(3) Applicants should hold a valid driver’s license, and is capable of conducting field work with students.
(4) Applicants should be capable of writing proposal and manuscript in English.
(5) Applicants should be able to implement the project independently as well as team work with students.
(6) Applicants should be familiar with Arc-GIS and at least one programming tool, such as MATLAB or system dynamics.
(7) Applicants should possess research enthusiasm, the sense of responsibility, and good communication and coordination skills.
2. Job Description
(1) Participate and handle the MOST project–“Coping with Environmental Changes for Sustainable Ecosystem Management Strategies in the Danshuei River Watershed– A Comprehensive Ecosystem Modeling Perspective”.
(2) Data analysis and field work.
(3) Research paper writing and/or proposal writing in English.
(4) Supervise undergraduate and graduate students.
(5) Write up a monthly report.
3. Commencement Date of Employment: Dependent upon the qualification check and approval of the National Taiwan University.
4. Payroll: complied with the payroll regulation of MOST (approximately USD 1850 per month for postdoc fellow).
5. Working Location: National Taiwan University, Taiwan
6. Application Submission Documents
(1) PhD diploma and transcripts (from undergraduate to PhD).
(2) Curriculum Vitae and autobiography.
(4) 3 reference letters.
(5) Other documents that support his/her qualification for postdoc fellow position.
7. Applications should send application documents to Dr. Su-Ting Cheng at either email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org